After the devastating slap of the 2016 presidential election in the US, the Women’s March was a tonic. With so many people who came from all over—and the sister marches around the world—it is clear that progressive action is becoming more potent than ever. And it is fired by female power. As I’ve been saying! The Female Power Project Positive Protest Principles Posters (now called the “perSISTERS” series) are available at Black Lab Art Studio in 16 x 20 inch ($45) and 11 x 14 inch ($30) sizes, with $12 flat rate shipping and handling to US addresses. You can also order these printed on canvas and stretched on a frame AND SHIPPED TO YOU for $70 (11×16) or $100 (16×20). These stretched canvas versions are ready to hang on your wall, no framing necessary. 16 x 20 inch posters on stretched canvas, signed and dated by the artist (Leda Black), are available for $200 ($12 shipping will be charged for these). Contact me if you would like me to ship and I’ll send you an invoice. Wouldn’t one of these make a great gift for a “Nasty Woman” in your life?
perSISTERS Cards, Stickers, and Sets
I have four poster designs available as 5 x 7 inch cards. They are DISSENT (Ruth Bader Ginsburg), FEAR LESS (Harriet Tubman), FIGHT (Hillary Clinton), and NEVERTHELESS SHE PERSISTED (Ruby Bridges). These are $5.00 each or all 4 for $18 ($5.00 flat rate shipping to US addresses). I have three designs available as 3 x 4 inch crack and peel stickers (BE BRAVE, BE PRESENT, STAND UP). Stickers are $3.00 each or 6 for 15. Click here to see these sticker designs. You can order a labelled and packaged perSISTERS set with all four cards and all three stickers, plus information about the sisters featured on the stickers, for a discounted $25.00.
Here are the poster designs
This page has been arranged to show posts about the posters as I create them. So click on the links below.
- Introducing Female Power Project Positive Protest Principles Posters - I’ve made this series within a series, I suppose within TWO series. Isn’t everything connected anyway? After the devastating slap of the election, the Women’s March was a tonic. With so many people who came from all over—and the sister marches around the world—it is clear that progressive action is becoming more potent than ever. […]
- Three New Poster Designs - I’m now calling these #FemalePowerProject Positive Protest Principles Posters. With these three, the total number of designs will be ten. (Click here to see the first seven designs.) They are: DISSENT honoring Ruth Bader Ginsburg; be marvelous TOGETHER honoring Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton; and FIGHT honoring Hillary Clinton. Two sizes are available […]
- The Honorable Kamala Harris knows her place - Here is my latest poster production honoring Kamala Harris. Kamala Harris is the junior Senator from California. Previously she served as Attorney General of California. Harris was born in Oakland, California. She is the daughter of an Indian mother, a cancer researcher who emigrated in 1960, and a Jamaican-American father who is an economics professor. […]
- Take Up Space - Here is the most recent Female Power Project Positive Protest Principles Poster, honoring Rosa Parks. It’s called “Take Up Space.” I am here and it’s wrong to make me move. This is from Wikipedia: “Rosa Louise McCauley Parks (February 4, 1913 – October 24, 2005) was an activist in the Civil Rights Movement in the […]
- Designs for Morrison, Roosevelt, Sampson join perSISTERS Poster Series - Here are two new poster designs in the #FemalePowerProject Positive Protest Principles Posters series, also called the perSISTERS. Now I will tell you about them. TELL your story It is partly through telling our stories—claiming the language for our experience—that we find female power. The more we speak and read, the more it is possible […]
- perSISTER: Sophie Scholl & The White Rose - Sophia Magdalena Scholl was born on May 9, 1921, in Forchtenberg am Kocher, where her father, Robert Scholl, was mayor. At 12 Sophie joined the Hitler Youth, but became disillusioned. The arrest of her father left a strong impression on her. He was punished for telling his secretary: “The war! It is already lost. This […]
- Reclaiming My Time - There’s so much to make art about right now. Sigh. “I thank you for your compliments about how great I am but I don’t want to waste my time on me.” “The time belongs to the gentlelady from California.” I’ve wanted to do a piece on Maxine Waters for a while but I’ve been waiting […]
- Spread Love (honoring Heather Heyer) - The perSISTERS works are not the only things I’m making right now, but they are the pieces I finish the fastest. Every few days something happens to make a protest poster about! Soon I will be posting more about my (working title) Landscape of Objects pieces. August 28 is my deadline to complete three in […]